Slideshow

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Grandpa Terry and Grandma Cathy Meet Alaina

Here is the latest installement to get caught up on our adventures:

When Alaina was first born, Haley and my Mom were best friends to give me some time to heal and adjust to life with a little baby again. She took Haley to the library one day and entered her in to all of the contests and library programs that they had going for the summer. After my Mom left, we got a call saying she won a special prize because Haley came up with the answer to the riddle, “Moscow”. What can I say. Haley is a genius! Haha Because we go to the library so often, they knew who she was and specially put together her prize. She won a tote bag with a stuffed bunny, stickers, and a book inside. This book is awesome! It has everything in it to make you into a fairy princess. We haven’t made the necklace, flower crown or wand yet, but you can see some of the stuff she got from it! It definitely made her day.






Terry and Cathy came when Alaina was a couple of weeks old. They came to play with Haley and meet their new granddaughter. It was a lot of fun for us to see them. Haley was always getting out of bed super early when my Mom was here right after Alaina was born. For some reason she didn’t decide to torture them so much and slept in every day. My Mom said, “thanks a lot!”





Cathy brought Alaina some amazingly cute outfits. They are adorable. Terry wanted to buy Haley a special present too. So they went to the store and came back with a brand new piggy bank. Haley got to paint it herself and her world is complete whenever she gets a penny. Honestly pennies are more special to her than a nickel, dime, or quarter, so I am ok with that. She will do almost anything for a penny. Her Grandpa Terry still sends her cards every once in a while with a few coins taped inside and you can just see her whole face light up as she runs into her room to get her piggy.








We decided to go see… (drum roll please) …bison! Haha We went to see the Neal Smith National Wildlife Refuge. They have spent a lot of time making the prairie what it used to be. It is pretty exciting for all these Iowans to see Elk and Bison. Benjamin and I just smiled. We were running late and didn’t get to spend much time in the large museum they have there, but we did get to drive around and see some of the animals.









In order to get there, we all cramped into our blue Mercury Marquis that we inherited from my Grandparents on my father’s side. It has been such a blessing to have. It also has 6 seats, so that is what we did. This was my view from the back seat. They were pretty smashed, but I actually had plenty of room in the back. I thought it was entertaining anyway. Notice that you can see me in the rear view mirror! I didn’t notice that until later, but now there is documentation that I was there. :)





And this was my view of the backseat. Maybe it is because of the hormones, but this brought tears to my eyes. Haley didn’t even pose for a picture. This is a candid shot.





Sometime in all of the craziness, we must have left the camera out. We swear we watch our children. But it wasn’t until we loaded the camera onto the computer that we found a bunch of these beauties… Do you think she has a future career as a photographer?





I’m shocked when I look at these pictures. I really need to keep up better. I am looking that these pictures of my TINY little lady all yellow! Who knew how much she would change in such a little amount of time. She is just shy of 1 month old here. Haley is still loving on her. She loves to be a part of Alaina’s life. She loves to snuggle her.










We love our little family. We are excited to share more of our Summer adventure with you soon. I will do my best to get more done tomorrow, and hopefully catch up soon so that I can just blog every Sunday with that week's adventures. My sister Danielle does that, and I think it is genius!


Just wait until I get caught up! You will be shocked at how chubby our newest addition is! I will share with you her two month appointment stats. It is some good stuff!

2 comments:

Gena said...

Always fun to see your updates. Haley looks just like you!

Kat said...

Your girls are so cute! I love the one of them holding hands.