Slideshow

Saturday, June 1, 2013

Day 2 - May 19th, 2013

I was still in the hospital, and Benjamin stayed with me as well.  Together we took many trips down the hall and around the corner to visit baby Adam.  Cathy and Terry took care of the girls, who were just fine in their normal environment.  I was recovering nicely.  I had no tearing in this delivery, which I was shocked to find out after a lot of tearing with both of the girls.  I was weaning myself off of my pain medication too.  I asked the doctor if I had to stay a second night and not go home until Monday just because it was the "normal" thing to do.  I was doing well and honestly didn't want to pay for another day in the hospital just to be woken up all the time to have my vitals taken and have my blood drawn again.  Doctor Leavitt was more than happy to write the discharge for today.

Today Adam received a blessing from Benjamin and Terry.  It would have been a great thing to do the first day, but we really weren't allowed to touch him much.  

Benjamin's notes included:  Sats still at 100% on 3L and RA, Off renal "NIRS", Down to 2L NC(means they pumped less oxygen in him and he still did well), blood pressure mean up to 41, started TPN and tube feeds going up, weight 2045g.

Today he was stable enough that he could finally get that bath!  He had been wiped down but his hair was still a bit matted.  Generally he just needed a good scrub down!  And the best part was that they let ME do it!  So I got to give him a sponge bath and touch his cute little body and then snuggle him skin to skin for two hours.  It was like heaven being able to do more than just look at him through a plastic case.

Picture time!















1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is one adorable little man Laura! I can't wait to meet him! Congrats to your family and know our prayers are always with you!!