When we found out we were having another little girl, Haley was playing at a friend’s house. When we got in the car from picking her up, we told her that she was going to have a baby sister. This was the face she made. We thought it was pretty cute.
We randomly found Haley playing in her room. What a silly girl. We took pictures, then told her climbing in or on a dresser is dangerous. She is wearing pajama bottoms on her head.
We took Haley to her first movie in a movie theater. It was WAY fun. I bought way too much candy and we saw Tangled. We all loved it. She was so excited. So, being the awkward mom that I am, I made Benjamin document the experience after. This is our favorite little theater. It is way cheap and there are hardly ever any other people there. Plus Benjamin gets a student discount.
Benjamin’s Podiatry class paid the entrance fees for students and families to go ice skating at this cool outdoor ice rink right by the river in downtown Des Moines. We paid a couple bucks to rent skates and had a great time. I stuck to the wall the ENTIRE time because I don’t trust myself on skates and did not want to do any more damage to my back or hurt my tummy with this pregnancy. Haley was fearless. At first she couldn’t even stand. Then she thought it was funny to purposefully have her feet slide out so Benjamin would catch her. Every time she fell she would laugh. She got really good for a girl who isn’t even 2 ½ yet! Here are some pictures of that excitement. The one with us far apart shows what the video (that won’t load) shows. She made it all the way to me without falling or anything. I was quite impressed, as were all of Benjamin’s peers.
When we first got the camera, we took pictures of Haley being silly one night. Her hair is crazy, but I thought she looked so pretty anyway. We don’t know where she got it from, but she got on her hands and feet with her bum in the air. While swinging her bum back and forth she started chanting, “my shaky, shaky bum!” over and over again. What a silly girl. It really made us laugh.
We have more pictures on the camera, but I think this is good for now. I will update soon. I have my glucose test this week. Not that excited but hopefully it will turn out fine and I will get over the trauma of the actual test. :)
Thanks to everyone who didn’t give up on me! I have had a few people tell me they are glad I posted something again! Also, for those of you bloggers out there that do this too, we were wondering how to get a printed copy of our blog. I have heard of websites that make them into books or something… I am such an amateur. Haha! So could you guys give me some tips or ideas on how to preserve what is basically our family journal for the last few years? Thanks so much!
Thanks to everyone who didn’t give up on me! I have had a few people tell me they are glad I posted something again! Also, for those of you bloggers out there that do this too, we were wondering how to get a printed copy of our blog. I have heard of websites that make them into books or something… I am such an amateur. Haha! So could you guys give me some tips or ideas on how to preserve what is basically our family journal for the last few years? Thanks so much!
Have a great day and I may blog again soon... maybe! :/
2 comments:
Haley is so beautiful, and so are you Laura! I love the face she is making when she found out she will have a baby sister!
Welcome back to the blogging world!!! It's good to read what you're up to, even though I live 3 blocks away!!!
Post a Comment