Slideshow

Friday, July 29, 2011

Pre-Baby Update part 1

I have updates starting at Valentine's day and going up to when Alaina was born, with the exception of our trip to San Diego, which needs to be its own post. My updates took up so much room that I had to make it into two posts. I guess it really has been a while. Oops. :) So here are a bunch of pictures with short captions to give you a summary of our life before Alaina.

My husband is the best man on the planet. I love him so much. He is my best friend. This is what he gave us for Valentine's Day. Haley got the white daisies and I got the purple flowers. Love him.

Belly picture! These next two posts will have quite a few. This was taken on March 8th, almost exactly at 7 months. Baby is getting big...



She really liked to lay in front of the heater vent when it was cold outside. (Our house was so old it was hard to keep warm inside as well so I don't blame her.) She also has a love for carrots, so this picture was just classic Haley. Didn't hear from her for a while and went to find her. This is what I found.






We love going to the zoo. It is nice even if it is cold outside. No one is there and about half of it or more is inside. It is great to have a place to go for a few hours during the day. Sometimes we go as often as once a week. Thank you thank you thank you to Grandpa Terry and Grandma Cathy for our Zoo membership. We use it often and love it!





Roar!!! Alaina at the Zoo. :)






I found her "reading her book" in her "reading chair". I think this picture is funny.



We spent a lot of time looking for apartments. We thought we found the one we wanted, but it didn't work out. So then we had to search all over again because the availabilities were different. Haley had a lot of time to burn off some energy...










We went to the St. Patricks Day parade in Des Moines. It had TONS of people lining the streets. It definitely was a unique experience. Mostly drunk people (this was morning/noontime) in "party buses" driving down the street. Not a whole lot of floats. I don't think they had a high standard for letting people into the parade. We ended up leaving early because we had already been there TWO hours and it just kept going. They threw Mardi gras beads because it was just after mardi gras. Kind of silly, but Haley loved it.





This one was painted the "deer slayer". It had antlers all over it. It was covered in hunting stuff. I was sad I didn't get a better picture but I wasn't fast enough. What does this have to do with St. Patrick's Day? Absolutely nothing. But it was fun.









This is continued in the next post. :)

No comments: