Here is the second half of our whirlwind pre-baby update.
Daddy came to the zoo with us for the day. It is awesome when he can break away from studies to do something special with us.


Before we moved, we had to sell a bunch of stuff. I had to officially say goodbye to my sweet puppy. I cried a little when the lady left with all of his stuff. I still miss him, but I'm glad he doesn't hurt. I think he would have loved Alaina. He loved babies.

Sorry the pictures are pretty dark because it is a big room. This was Benjamin's Rite of Passage ceremony. He got a special pin and recognized as moving out of the academic portion of his studies to clinical. He just started his third year and is loving it. Look at him in his fancy white coat!


Benjamin took this picture of himself while I took Haley to the bathroom. The camera is on the trashcan and he is squating down. Haha. He took it because he was applying for scholarships and stuff. He ended up in the top 25% of his class again this year, receiving a $4,000 scholarship again because he is a smarty pants. He doesn't like it when I brag, but we are so proud of him.

Big and pregnant. This was on April 17th. I pulled my dress back so you could see how HUGE I am. This baby is way bigger than Haley was!

Pretty girl. This was a dress Grandma and Grandpa Warner gave Haley for Christmas, but I saved it for an Easter dress. Isn't she pretty?

We love to feed the missionaries. We always have them over to dye eggs with us too.

You can tell we love to feed missionaries because these guys were in our area a while ago and came back for a meeting. We ended up feeding them the same night too.

On of the most important things in Haley's life is playgroup. We go EVERY Wednesday. This summer it has slowed down with people out of town, but we still go even if it is just one other family. This was a special playgroup where we each brought 10 eggs. Then everybody went outside and collect 10 different eggs. Tons of fun!


The Elders Quorum had a pinewood derby activity for the whole family. We didn't have time to carve ours. So ours is the Thomas family tour bus. haha Then we saw we had a little more weight available, so we hot glued nickels all over it. It looked rediculous. Ours is the red one... Oi ve.

We stole the gold medal and took a picture. It is safe to say that we couldn't keep it though! The Elder in the background eventually got it. He is Canadian and his Canadian car won, even though we were all cheering "USA! USA!" in the final race.
Unpacking was hard work... and distracting. Guess who got into Mommy's makeup?

Last preggo picture of me. It was taken on May 1st, when I was about 37 weeks along. I had Alaina at 39 weeks.

Benjamin got free tickets to a "PBR" event (Professional Bull Riding) from a friend. It was in the Des Moines Wells Fargo Area. This was the first outing we did where we paid a young woman to come and babysit. I was sure I was going to watch someone get killed, but it turned out to be fairly safe and TONS of fun. Plus it was nice to get out one more time before Alaina was born...


We will be going to Walnut Woods, a state park by our house, again soon. I will explain later. But we love to go there and Haley loves to get dirty! Here she is on the way home.

We played a lot in our new apartment. :) Haley is just a fun girl.

And the next pictures we took are in the hospital! Consider yourselves updated! (with the exception of our San Diego trip!)
Love, Laura
No comments:
Post a Comment