Grandpa then bought tickets for the train. Haley was very helpful to make sure it was done quickly...
She wanted to sit by the Zebra but then there would be no room for someone to sit by her. Instead, Grandma sat by the Zebra, which popped his head over Haley. Haley loved the train ride.
Going through the tunnel! The flash is what brough light to this moment. She was making this face in the dark, and I caught it!
We walked to the pond to watch the fish.
Haley got to hold and feed two birds that were on the side of the road in Balboa park. She thought she was pretty special (cause she was!).
Haley ran around the fountain and Grandpa followed her around. It was fun to watch him with his little Granddaughter.
Then we ate lunch in the Zoo. We had visitors that wandered under our table almost the entire time we ate there. Then we took a trip on the skyfari to the top of the hill and back with our zoo passes and went home. It was an awesome day that Haley LOVED.
I think we all know why I took this picture...
We have been trying to teach Haley that she needs to not cough in people's faces. We told her that she should cough on her arm. She was wrestling with Grandma and suddenly put her arm up to her mouth and said, "cough, Grandma." My mom thought it was pretty funny. I'm glad I caught this one on camera.
We love imagination movers on Disney channel. We DVR'ed a concert by them. Haley danced the entire time. It was way after her bedtime, but it was her last night there. About half way Grandma joined in with her. They had a great time, and I really enjoyed watching them enjoy each other. It is so special to watch your little one create bonds and just be happy. It was a really great time for me.
After coming home from the beach, Haley was so excited to share all her adventures that she attacked her Grandma with love and stories. I think they were giving each other "love and kindness", where while loving on someone, you inadvertently tickle them!
And that was our trip to San Diego. On the way home, Haley finally had a moment when she wasn't the best traveler. We were ten minutes out of Des Moines, and she started yelling, "I want to go back to San Diego!!!" I tried to tell her it was a little late for that. But she was very happy to see her Daddy again. He was happy to see her again too.
Love, Laura
No comments:
Post a Comment