HOLY COW I'M MARRIED TO A DOCTOR! Now our mail can say "To Dr. and Mrs. Benjamin Thomas". That's pretty fancy. It is something he has worked for his entire life, but it is still strange now that he has achieved it.
Today was commencement. I didn't go in to see Adam until noon because we had a live broadcast of his commencement to watch! What a blessing to be able to watch it as it happened. Honestly the quality at times was not super awesome (there was only one camera and they wouldn't move it. You couldn't even see the poor girl who sang the national anthem!) but it was nice to be a part of it. My parents have a smart TV that is like 200 inches or something (I might be joking... a little!:) ) and they were able to watch it on the big screen. The speakers were great and I really enjoyed it. Benjamin and I texted during it so he knew what I was thinking and I got thoughts from him too. It helped me feel more like I was there. The girls really enjoyed watching the entire thing. I thought they wouldn't care too much but they were right there the entire time.
Here is the picture my mom sent me showing them watching it on their TV!
Here is a print screen of the live streaming. My sweetheart even looked right at the camera and gestured with his hand to acknowledge us! SO FUN. If you want to watch any part of it, you can find the entire commencement ceremony on youtube. This is where he is getting hooded, just after they announce his name, "Doctor Benjamin A. Thomas". I got butterflies and clapped. My mom said that she think she startled my dad when she screamed! She asked if I heard her. From San Diego? Probably not. But I don't doubt that she got my Dad's heart pumping!
I am so grateful for my husband. He is so wonderful. He is a fancy doctor now that gets to start his residency. He has worked so hard from the first day I met him. He has only gotten smarter, more sensitive, and cool since then! He has led our family through some great times, scary times, hard times, and everything in between. He has made sure we did family prayer and scriputre study, even when it was on a video call during fourth year. He once planned the lesson for Family Home Evening including visual aids and did it on skype. He is the love of my life and I am so glad that I have a great excuse to brag about him and spotlight the greatness he shows in his everyday life.
Congratulations, love! You did it!
No comments:
Post a Comment